WHAT GRANTS AND FELLOWSHIPS DOES THE WAC OFFER?
The WAC is pleased to be able to offer the following grant and fellowship opportunities to Wyoming organizations and individuals:
- Artist Across Wyoming – Receive up to $750.
- Arts Projects – Receive up to $2,000.
- Individual Artist Professional Development – Receive up to $500.
- Capacity Building Grant – Receive up to $2,000.
This grant program offers 501c3 nonprofit organizations and government agencies the opportunity to apply for grants year-round, as long as funding is available.
GRANTS WITH DEADLINES
- Arts Education – Receive up to $7,000.
- Community Arts Projects – Receive up to $10,000.
- Grants to Organizations – Receive up to $7,000.
- Operating Support Grants – Receive up to $15000.
- FELLOWSHIPS – Available to artists’ who live and work in Wyoming.
- Literary, Performing and Visual Arts Fellowships – Receive $3,000.
- Blanchan/Doubleday Memorial Awards in Literature – Receive $1,000.
These grant and fellowship programs have annual and quarterly deadlines, and are available to 501c3 nonprofit organizations, government agencies and individual artists.
For more information about each grant program, click on the GRANTS link.
HOW DO I APPLY FOR A WAC GRANT?
- Click on the ACCESS THE E-GRANT SYSTEM link found on the left side of the GRANTS page. Be sure to click on the correct grant program link so you access the correct grant request form.
HOW DO I LOG INTO THE E-GRANT SYSTEM?
- After you click on the GRANTS page and then click on the ACCESS THE E-GRANT SYSTEM, you will be directed to the Log In screen for the grant program that you selected.
- Type in your e-mail address and password to access the e-grant system. You are called the Grant Seeker in the E-Grant system.
- If your organization does not meet WAC eligibility requirements of being a 501c3 non profit organization or a government agency, you can still apply for WAC grants if you can find an organization who does meet these requirements and is willing to serve as your Fiscal Sponsor. Once you have your Fiscal Sponsor lined up, you can enter an Invitation Code to bypass the eligibility portion of the E-Grant system. This Code is available by calling the WAC at (307) 777-7742. DO NOT list any of your Fiscal Sponsor’s information in your Organization record.
- If you are a First Time User, you will need to click on this link so you can create your Password.
- Be sure to have your organization’s EIN # from the I.R.S. available.
- Schools may also register with their NCES #.
- If an organization with the same EIN you listed is already registered in the E-Grant system, you will receive a message saying this. You should only create new organization record for an organization not already in the system.
- The E-Grant system treats individuals as an organization, so you will need to list all of your personal information in the fields provided.
WHAT DO I DO ONCE I GET TO THE WELCOME PAGE?
- A WELCOME PAGE with your name at the top will appear after the E-Grant system verifies your eligibility. On this page, you can:
- View a blank grant request form
- Register to become the Grant Seeker for more than one organization. The E-Grant system is not set up to allow you to enter an Invitation Code for the second organization you want to register for. Therefore, if this second organization does not meet WAC eligibility requirements, you will need to contact the WAC to help you complete this registration process.
- Start a New Application.
- Review pending Applications Requiring Action that have not been submitted yet.
- View submitted Applications for your organization.
- Review pending Final Reports (called Impact Reports).
- View submitted Final Reports for your organization.
- The E-Grant system uses the I.R.S. database to verify eligibility. If your organization’s eligibility cannot be verified, you will need to:
- Verify with your accountant that you entered the correct EIN#.
- If the EIN# is correct, contact the I.R.S. to verify that your 501c3 non profit status is current. If they verify your status is current, then fax the WAC a copy of your 501c3 letter and we will provide you with an Invitation Code to bypass the eligibility portion of the log in process.
- Most Government agencies (including schools) cannot be verified by the I.R.S. database, so you will need to contact the WAC for an Invitation Code to bypass the eligibility portion of the log in process.
HOW DO I START A NEW APPLICATION (i.e. grant request):
- When you are at the WELCOME PAGE, scroll down and click on the START A NEW APPLICATION link
- Page tabs will appear on the top of the screen. You will be asked to fill out information on each page, SAVE it and proceed on to the next page. If you complete all of the required fields on the page, you will automatically be taken to the next page. However, if you leave any required fields blank, you will be prompted to go back and fill them in. If you want to fill in the remaining fields at another time, then manually click on the next page tab at the top of the screen to be taken to the next page of the application.
- Update your Organization’s information each time you access the E-Grant system to make sure it is current.
- One or more Grant Contacts need to be designated for each grant request submitted. You can check existing Grant Contacts or add new ones. If using an existing Grant Contact, be sure to click on their name to open up their record and make sure all of the information is still current. Grant Contacts have the most knowledge about the specific project that funds are being requested for. The Grant Seeker can also be the Grant Contact, or it can be someone else.
- Fiscal Sponsor – if one was used, you will need to provide all of their information on this page. You will also need to upload a signed letter from your fiscal sponsor stating they are willing to serve as the fiscal sponsor for this grant. Also upload a copy of their 501c3 letter or evidence of government status. Leave this page blank if you are not using a fiscal sponsor.
- The Financial Template form is a required form that must be created and uploaded to every grant request. This form was created in Excel and provides the detailed budget information for each request. We recommend you complete this form first, print a hard copy of it, and then copy the financial figures from this form over into your grant request, so they match.
- Required Cash Match – All WAC grants require a 1:1 cash match. The WAC prefers a 100% cash match , but some grant categories do allow for up to 50% of the applicant cash match to be made with In-kind donations. Grantees are responsible for maintaining appropriate records of In-kind donations of time or items, and documenting that in the event of an audit. Calculation of cash match figures is available on the Financial Template form.
- Attachments – The WAC prefers that all attachments be uploaded to the grant request. If they cannot be uploaded, then they can be emailed to WAC staff and they will upload them for you. If an attachment cannot be emailed, it may be mailed to the WAC with your Signature Form. After the attachments are uploaded to your grant request, they will be recycled unless the grantee provides a SASE and asks for their return. If an attachment is a magazine or large item that cannot be easily scanned, you will need to mail the WAC enough copies for each panel member (3 copies for Arts Projects and Technology in the Arts, and 8 copies for the Quarterly, Annual and Bi-Annual grant categories).
- Authorized Signature Page – The WAC is required to have two original signatures on file for each grant request and final report. Download the Signature Form that is found in the Authorized Signature page, print it, fill out the form and obtain 2 different signatures. If you used a fiscal sponsor, they should provide one of the signatures. NOTE: Once you submit your request you will receive an email that contains the new number that has been assigned to your request. Write this number on your Signature Form as well and then mail it to the WAC within three working days after your submit your request.
- Reviewing your Application before you submit it – After you clicked on the SAVE/PROCEED button on the Authorized Signature Page, a new screen will appear that shows your grant request in its entirety. If you receive an error message on this screen, that means that you have left one or more required fields blank somewhere in your request. Click on the underlined blue link that appears in the error message, and it will take you back to the page that has the missing information on it. Add the missing information, SAVE that page, go back to the Authorized Signature Page again and click on that SAVE button and your entire request will be brought up again. Repeat process, if necessary, until your grant request is complete. PRINT A HARD COPY of your request on this screen, because this is the only place you can do this.
- Submit your Request – Once your request is complete and you have printed a hard copy of it, click on the SUBMIT key at the bottom of the screen and your request will be sent electronically to the WAC. After you hit the SUBMIT key, you will not be able to make any more changes to your grant request. You will receive confirmation that your request has been successfully submitted. If you do not receive this email for some reason, contact the WAC.
- Revisions – If WAC staff needs to ask the Grant Seeker to make revisions to their request, they can return the request back to them electronically to make these changes. The Grant Seeker will receive an email asking them to log back into the e-granting system to make the necessary revisions and then re-submit their request. NOTE: You should not create a new grant request to incorporate these revisions – you will revise the request you already submitted.
- Technical questions on E-Grant System? Click on NEED SUPPORT? On the bottom of each section of the request. Common questions and answers are provided there, as well as the ability to email the Help Desk with system related questions.
- Grant Specific Questions? Go to the WAC web page and click on GRANT FAQ’s or call us at (307) 777-7742.
NO COMPUTER ACCESS?
- Our IAPD, Anytime, Quarterly, Annual and Bi-Annual grant programs are all done via the e-grant system. We ask that all applicants apply on line. Exceptions will sometimes be made for those applicants who do not have regular access to a computer or email, if they contact the WAC before they start the application process.
- Our Fellowship and Folk & Traditional Arts Mentoring programs for individual artists are currently done via a paper application. Applicants who receive funding through these programs will have the information from their paper application entered into the e-grant system by WAC staff, so they can complete their Final Report on line.
WHAT HAPPENS TO MY GRANT REQUEST AFTER IT IS SUBMITTED?
- REVIEW PROCESS: All grant requests are initially reviewed by WAC staff. Artist Across Wyoming grants are awarded after staff review, as long as they meet all the specified requirements. All remaining grant categories are sent to a panel to review. The panel process will take several weeks, so we recommend that you submit your grant request with as much lead time as possible before the project start date, especially if you wish to receive your grant funds before the project starts.
- GRANT AWARDED: After your grant is awarded, the Grant Seeker will receive an email to tell them this. Within the next two weeks, a large blue, 2 pocket award packet will be mailed to organization address via U. S. Mail, so be watching for this information to arrive. If you do not receive this award packet within 15 working days from the time you receive the email, please contact the WAC Grants Manager at (307) 777-7743.
- GRANT NOT AWARDED: If your request was not recommended for funding, you will receive a letter in the mail to advise you of this.
- FEDERAL FUNDING REQUIREMENTS: The WAC receives both Federal and State funding. Your award letter will tell you if any of the WAC funding you will be receiving is being paid from Federal dollars (from the National Endowment for the Arts), as well as providing you with the CFDA # for those Federal funds. Organizations who receive federal funding from the WAC will be required to fill out an OMB Cicrular A-133 Audit Requirements form in January following the end of the fiscal year that grant funds were awarded. Organizations who receive more than $500,000.00 in Federal funds will also be asked to provide the WAC with an audit and Notice of Findings.
- SUBGRANTEE AWARD AGREEMENT: Grantees must provide 2 different signatures on one of the Subgrantee Award Agreement forms that they receive in their award packet. If you used a Fiscal Sponsor, they should provide one of the signatures. Individuals only provide one signature on their Agreement. One copy of the Agreement should be mailed back to the WAC as soon as possible, so your grant payment can be processed. Checks are usually processed on Monday and Thursday. Please do not wait until you complete your Final Report to return the signed Agreement. Keep the second copy of the Agreement for your records. WAC grant funds are paid directly to the grantee, who is then responsible for paying all of the project’s cash expenses.
- STATE OF WYOMING DATA BASE: If your organization has never received a check from a State of Wyoming agency, or it has been 2 years since you received a check, you must fill out a Wolfs 109a form to add your organization to the State data base. Contact the WAC to request this form. If your organization is already in the state data base, but you wish to change/update your information (address, EFT, etc.), then you will need to submit the Wolfs 109b form that was included in your award packet. All Wolfs forms should be mailed to the WAC, not faxed or emailed, as they require original signatures on the form. It can take up to two weeks for the State Auditor to get your information input/changed, which must be done before your grant award payment can be processed.
WHAT ARE FINAL REPORTS?
- A Final Report tells the WAC how your project went.
- All Final Reports are released electronically to the Grant Seeker on the Project End Date. If you wish to begin working on your Final Report earlier than that date, contact the WAC and we will release it to you sooner. Final Reports for Anytime, Quarterly, Annual and Bi-Annual grant programs are due 60 days after the Project End Date. IAPD, Fellowship, and Folk & Traditional Arts Mentorship Final Reports are due 30 days after the Project End Date. Your initial grant request told the WAC what you thought you were going to do, and your final report tells us what actually happened.
HOW DO I ACCESS MY FINAL REPORT?
- Repeat the same process you went through to apply for a grant to get to the WELCOME PAGE.
- Scroll down towards the bottom of the page to the Impact Reports Requiring Action section.
- Click on the link to begin working on your Final Report (Impact Report). Some of the fields are already populated with information taken from your original request. Remember to SAVE and PROCEED at the bottom of each page so you don’t lose any information.
- A Financial Template form must also be completed and uploaded to your Final Report. Print a hard copy of the form when done, and then copy those same financial figures into your Final Report.
- Upload the best five photos that showcase your project, along with any other documentation that you wish to become a part of your Final Report. An Artist Evaluation Form must also be uploaded for all Artists Across Wyoming grants, and is optional for the other grant categories.
- Download and print a hard copy of the FINAL REPORT SIGNATURE FORM. After you obtain two signatures (if you used a Fiscal Sponsor, they should provide one of the signatures), mail this form to the WAC with three working days after submitting your Final Report. Hit the SAVE and PROCEED button.
- Your Final Report will appear in its entirety. Correct any errors or make changes as needed.
- PRINT A HARD COPY OF YOUR FINAL REPORT FOR YOUR RECORDS (this is the only place you can print a hard copy) and then Click SUBMIT. Your Final Report is sent electronically to the WAC, so you do not need to mail us a copy of the report.
- The e-granting system will send you email notification that your Final Report has been successfully submitted. Notify the WAC if you do not receive this email.
- You will be contacted if additional information is needed, and will receive email notification from the WAC after your Final Report has been read and approved.