**10/4/13 UPDATE: ALL ART PROJECT GRANT FUNDS HAVE BEEN EXPENDED FOR FY 2014, SO WAC IS NO LONGER ACCEPTING NEW ART PROJECT REQUESTS**
**6/3/13 UPDATE: FUNDING FOR ARTS PROJECT GRANTS WILL BE REDUCED TO $2,000 FOR FISCAL YEAR 2014**
The WAC Board met in Laramie, WY on 5/30-31/13 and decided to reduce funding for Arts Projects grants to $2,000 maximum for Fiscal Year 2014. Contact Michael Lange at (307) 777-7723 if you have any questions regarding this.
Applicants who have arts-related programs that fit the criteria listed below are encouraged to apply for an Arts Project grant:
- Projects that bring arts to communities that lack access to the arts due to geographic, rural or cultural isolation, limited opportunity as participant and/or audience, economics, disability, age, confinement, or no arts venues.
- Projects that encourage outreach to underserved populations like disadvantaged youth, people with disabilities, and older adults.
- Projects that focus on learning in and through the arts, with participants of any age.
- Arts festivals that present one or more of the visual, literary and/or performing arts.
- Arts activities that feature folk and traditional arts, which express a community/group’s shared artistic heritage passed down informally through generations. See Folk Arts Program for more information..
- Community Arts: exhibits, performances, presentations, readings, gallery talks, new work, and more
- Professional Development: Organizations can request funding for a staff member, board member, or volunteer to participate in a conference, workshop or retreat to enhance an individual’s ability to serve the organization and arts community.
Contact: Michael Lange
Deadline: Minimum of 10 weeks prior to project start date
Timeline: Project dates must fall between July 1 and June 30
Amount: Maximum request is $2,000
Match Requirements: Grant funds must be matched, dollar for dollar, so the amount requested must not exceed 50% of the project’s total cash expenses. Up to 50% of the applicant's cash match may be in kind (donated items or time).
E-Grant Application: http://www.cybergrants.com/wyoming_arts/AP