ATTENTION! Funding for Fiscal Year 2015 (7/1/14-6/30/15) has now been expended, so applicants can no longer apply for projects that will take place through 6/30/15.
Applicants who wish to apply for Fiscal Year 2016 (7/1/15-6/30/16) Art Project grants should contact the WAC at 307-777-7742 to obtain an Invitation Code to allow them to start/submit an application in our e-granting system.
Art Project grants were created for applicants who have arts-related programs that fit the criteria listed below:
- Projects that bring arts to communities that lack access to the arts due to geographic, rural or cultural isolation, limited opportunity as participant and/or audience, economics, disability, age, confinement, or no arts venues.
- Projects that encourage outreach to underserved populations like disadvantaged youth, people with disabilities, and older adults.
- Projects that focus on learning in and through the arts, with participants of any age.
- Arts festivals that present one or more of the visual, literary and/or performing arts.
- Arts activities that feature folk and traditional arts, which express a community/group’s shared artistic heritage passed down informally through generations. See Folk Arts Program for more information..
- Community Arts: exhibits, performances, presentations, readings, gallery talks, new work, and more
- Professional Development: Organizations can request funding for a staff member, board member, or volunteer to participate in a conference, workshop or retreat to enhance an individual’s ability to serve the organization and arts community.
HOW DO I APPLY?
Click on HOW TO APPLY link to begin your application!
Deadline: Minimum of 10 weeks prior to project start date
Timeline: Project dates must fall between July 1 and June 30
Amount: Maximum request is $2,000
Match Requirements: Grant funds must be matched, dollar for dollar, so the amount requested must not exceed 50% of the project’s total cash expenses. Up to 50% of the applicant's cash match may be in kind (donated items or time). CONTACT THE WAC AT (307) 777-7742 IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS.