This grant is specifically designed for project and/or operational support for organizations that provide services to their community through the arts.
This is a competitive grant, and most funded grants receive “formula funding” based on the score of the grants during the panel process, and then approval by the Wyoming Arts Council Board and Executive Director.
◦ Operating and Project Support (up to $12,000)
◦ Arts education activities (up to $5,000)
◦ Professional development (up to $1,000)
◦ Programs involving folk artists (up to $1,000)
◦ Outreach to rural communities (up to $1,000)
◦ Applications submitted by the Review Deadline date by applicants who did not receive a FY 17 Community Support Grant will be reviewed by WAC Staff. If Staff feel that revisions could make the application stronger before it goes to panel for review, they will return the application back to the Grant Seeker with their comments, and allow them to make revisions, if they choose to.
◦ If WAC Staff feel the application is strong/ready for panel review as submitted, they will not return it back to the Grant Seeker for revisions.
◦ Applications that are returned back to the Grant Seeker to allow them to make revisions must be re-submitted within seven (7) calendar days.
◦ Applications that are revised/re-submitted will not be reviewed a second time by WAC staff before they are sent to panel for review.
Click below for narrative questions and evaluation criteria.
PANEL REVIEW 5/18-19/2017
Panel meetings are open to the public, who may call-in and listen to the panel discussion. Call clarity will be better if you call in on a land line instead of a cell phone. All callers will be in listen-only mode for the duration of the calls. Panels will review applications in alphabetical order by organization name. All Grant Seekers who submitted applications are encouraged to call-in and listen to the panel discussion of each application. This is a great professional development opportunity for art administrators and grant writers.
*Note that the call in phone numbers for each panel have recently been changed*
Operating Support Panel (NOTE: Panel concluded at 11 am on 5/19/17)
The operating support portion of the applications will be reviewed on 5/18/2017 from 9:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., and resume on 5/19/2017 at 9:00 a.m. until finished. The public can listen by calling: 1-872-240-3212 and entering access code 176-946-293.
Operating Support/Project grant applications can be found by clicking here.
Arts Education Panel (NOTE: Panel concluded at 2 pm on 5/18/17)
A separate panel will convene to review only the Arts Education supplemental portion of the application. Review will take place on 5/18/17 from 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. and resume at 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. If discussions continue into 5/19/17, they will begin at 9:00 a.m. until finished. The public can listen by calling: 1-669-224-3412 and entering access code 487-532-805.
Arts Education supplemental funding applications can be found by clicking here.
6/1/2017: The Wyoming Arts Council Board will review the panel recommendations and vote.
7/1/2017: WAC will notify grantees of the Board’s decision by this date. If you have not received email notification by 7/1/2017, please contact us at (307) 777-7742.
June-July, 2017: Subgrantee Award Agreements are created for each awarded grant, and sent to the Attorney General’s office for approval. After the WAC receives them back from the AG, we mail the Agreement to the grantee, who needs to have two legal representatives of the applicant organization sign it and mail it back to the WAC. If the applicant organization used a Fiscal Sponsor, then the second signature must be by the Fiscal Sponsor.
Grant Payments: As soon as the new FY 2018 budgets have been set up, we will be able to start issuing grant payments. This may not happen until late July, so payments for projects taking place in July may not be issued until after August 1st.
Vendor Forms: If the applicant organization (or Fiscal Sponsor, if used) is not currently registered in the State of WY vendor database to receive payments from the State, they need to go to http://sao.wyo.gov/vendor-resources and complete/mail the WAC a W9 form and a WY Vendor Management form asap, so you can be added to the database before we receive your signed Agreement to process for payment. If your organization is already in the state database, but you have moved or changed your EFT banking information, then you will also need to mail the WAC these forms. Go to http://wyoarts.state.wy.us/grants/guidelines-requirements/ for more information.
Deadline: April 1 (applicants who did not receive a FY17 Community Support Grant can submit a completed application by March 1 for review).
Amount: Up to $20,000
Match Requirements: WAC grant can pay for up to 30% of operating/project support expenses, not to exceed $12,000, and up to 30% of arts education expenses, not to exceed $5,000.
Contact: Danee Hunzie