This grant is specifically designed for project and/or operational support for organizations that provide services to their community through the arts.
This is a competitive grant, and most funded grants receive “formula funding” based on the score of the grants during the panel process, and then approval by the Wyoming Arts Council Board and Executive Director.
◦ Operating and Project Support (up to $12,000)
◦ Arts education activities (up to $5,000)
◦ Professional development (up to $1,000)
◦ Programs involving folk artists (up to $1,000)
◦ Outreach to rural communities (up to $1,000)
◦ Applications submitted by the Review Deadline date by applicants who did not receive a FY 17 Community Support Grant will be reviewed by WAC Staff. If Staff feel that revisions could make the application stronger before it goes to panel for review, they will return the application back to the Grant Seeker with their comments, and allow them to make revisions, if they choose to.
◦ If WAC Staff feel the application is strong/ready for panel review as submitted, they will not return it back to the Grant Seeker for revisions.
◦ Applications that are returned back to the Grant Seeker to allow them to make revisions must be re-submitted within seven (7) calendar days.
◦ Applications that are revised/re-submitted will not be reviewed a second time by WAC staff before they are sent to panel for review.
Please click below for narrative questions and evaluation criteria.
Deadline: April 1 (applicants who did not receive a FY17 Community Support Grant can submit a completed application by March 1 for review).
Amount: Up to $20,000
Match Requirements: WAC grant can pay for up to 30% of operating/project support expenses, not to exceed $12,000, and up to 30% of arts education expenses, not to exceed $5,000.
Contact: Danee Hunzie