Individual Artist Professional Development
This grant category provides funding for individual artists who want to take that next step in their career. THIS PROGRAM WILL CLOSE 5/20/16.
Successful applicants have received grants to attend conferences, go overseas to install an art exhibition, record a music CD at a professional studio, show a film at an indie film festival, attend an artist residency program or to work with an out-of-state mentor. Many requests are for travel costs. A number of artists, writers and performers have used IAPD funds to hire a contractor to build a professional web site.
Individual Artist Professional Development grant guidelines. For more information about IAPD grants, contact Rachel Clifton at (307) 777-5305 or at Rachel.firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Artists in all disciplines are encouraged to apply.
- Artists must live in Wyoming as their permanent residence 10 months of the year.
- Applicants must be 18 years old or older, and not a full-time student pursuing high school, college or university art-related degrees.
- Applicants may receive an IAPD grant once every two years.
- Visual arts include all components of visual expression, including painting, drawing, sculpture, photography, craft, graphic design, printmaking installation and media.
- Literary arts include prose, poetry, theatrical scripts and screenplays.
- Performing arts include all components of music, theatre and dance.
- Folk and traditional arts include craft, music and dance stemming from a cultural group and passed on through word-of-mouth and by example, rather than formal or academic means.
HOW DO I APPLY?
Click here for instructions on how to apply.
Deadline: 6 weeks prior to project start date
Timeline: Project dates must fall between July 1 and June 30
Amount: Up to $500
Match Requirements: Requires a 1:1 cash match (in-kind match is not allowed)
Contact: Clifton, Rachel