Individual Artist Professional Development
To access Individual Artist Professional Development Grant final report click here.
This grant category provides funding for individual artists who want to take that next step in their career.
Successful applicants have received grants to attend conferences, go overseas to install an art exhibition, record a music CD at a professional studio, show a film at an indie film festival, attend an artist residency program or to work with an out-of-state mentor. Many requests are for travel costs. A number of artists, writers and performers have used IAPD funds to hire a contractor to build a professional web site.
Individual Artist Professional Development grant guidelines. For more information about IAPD grants, contact Rachel Clifton at (307) 777-5305 or at Rachel.firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Artists in all disciplines are encouraged to apply.
- Artists must live in Wyoming as their permanent residence 10 months of the year.
- Applicants must be 18 years old or older, and not a full-time student pursuing high school, college or university art-related degrees.
- Applicants may receive an IAPD grant once every two years.
- Visual arts include all components of visual expression, including painting, drawing, sculpture, photography, craft, graphic design, printmaking installation and media.
- Literary arts include prose, poetry, theatrical scripts and screenplays.
- Performing arts include all components of music, theatre and dance.
- Folk and traditional arts include craft, music and dance stemming from a cultural group and passed on through word-of-mouth and by example, rather than formal or academic means.
HOW DO I APPLY?
Click here for instructions on how to apply.
Deadline: 6 weeks prior to project start date
Timeline: Project dates must fall between July 1. 2015 and June 30, 2016
Amount: Up to $500
Match Requirements: Requires a 1:1 cash match (in-kind match is not allowed)
Contact: Rachel Clifton