Wyoming Arts Council

Wee Gallery’s artist competition and exhibition

Wee Gallery of Fine Art in Scottsdale, AZ, is hosting their 1st Annual International Artist Competition and Exhibition, seeking out the greatest Artist from around the world to compete for gallery representation, ribbons, and $5000 cash and prizes. July 15, 2011 – Deadline for entry (Entries must be postmarked by this date). For questions, (480) 323-9100 or
Continue →

Wee Gallery's artist competition and exhibition

Wee Gallery of Fine Art in Scottsdale, AZ, is hosting their 1st Annual International Artist Competition and Exhibition, seeking out the greatest Artist from around the world to compete for gallery representation, ribbons, and $5000 cash and prizes. July 15, 2011 – Deadline for entry (Entries must be postmarked by this date). For questions, (480) 323-9100 or
Continue →

Craig Johnson in Casper Star-Trib Sunday, December 19, 2010 edition

The television network A & E gave the go-ahead  for the hourlong pilot, “Longmire,” which will be based on Sheriff Walt Longmire, Johnson’s lead character in his series of novels. Longmire is fashioned as a Vietnam vet who is the sheriff of a fictional northern Wyoming county. Johnson’s books have won national and international awards, among
Continue →

Monday poetry

What with the full moon tomorrow, a lunar eclipse beginning a bit after 1 a.m., tomorrow being the winter solstice, and the oft-forgotten December Ursid meteor shower that will peak on the nights of December 22 and 23 (the Geminids peaked before dawn on December 14 and get more raves), here’s a moon-inspired poem from American Life in Poetry: Column
Continue →

The Second City presents "Fair & Unbalanced" Jan. 15 in Jackson

The Second City comedy improv troupe presents “Fair & Unbalanced” on Jan. 15, 8 p.m., in the Arts Center Theatre in Jackson. Reserved seating: $25 Adult, $20 Students & Seniors, $15 Children Event Info: Over fifty years of funny! Starting in 1959 with Alan Alda and Ed Asner to today’s Steve Carell and Tina Fey,
Continue →

The Second City presents "Fair & Unbalanced" Jan. 15 in Jackson

The Second City comedy improv troupe presents “Fair & Unbalanced” on Jan. 15, 8 p.m., in the Arts Center Theatre in Jackson. Reserved seating: $25 Adult, $20 Students & Seniors, $15 Children Event Info: Over fifty years of funny! Starting in 1959 with Alan Alda and Ed Asner to today’s Steve Carell and Tina Fey,
Continue →

If you live in Wyoming…

This was forwarded to me from Chris Valentine, member of WyoWriters and WyoPoets. Thanks, Chris! 98% of Americans scream before going in the ditch on a slippery road. The other 2% are from Wyoming and they say, “Hold my soda and watch this.”You’re from Wyoming if you eat ice cream in the winter.When gals hear
Continue →

News from Cheyenne Heritage Quilters

Lots of news from Barb Gorges at Cheyenne Heritage Quilters: We have a new website at http://www.chquilters.org/. We also have a new meeting location. The CHQ annual quilt show will be held Aug. 25-27 in a new location downtown. We have a competition, “Recycle Tradition,” which we would like to invite entrants. The deadline is July 18. For more,
Continue →

Call for entries: "Embracing our Differences" public art project

EMBRACING OUR DIFFERENCES: CALL FOR ARTISTS http://www.embracingourdifferences.org/ Deadline: January 10, 2011. “Embracing Our Differences,” an annual public display of billboard-sized art works, invites professional artists and photographers, amateurs, teachers, and students to participate in its eighth annual visual art exhibit celebrating diversity. Forty-five artists will be selected for the exhibit. The Embracing Our Differences exhibit
Continue →

Call for entries: "Embracing our Differences" public art project

EMBRACING OUR DIFFERENCES: CALL FOR ARTISTS http://www.embracingourdifferences.org/ Deadline: January 10, 2011. “Embracing Our Differences,” an annual public display of billboard-sized art works, invites professional artists and photographers, amateurs, teachers, and students to participate in its eighth annual visual art exhibit celebrating diversity. Forty-five artists will be selected for the exhibit. The Embracing Our Differences exhibit
Continue →

Cancel