Featured News | June 15, 2017
The Wyoming Arts Council is pleased to announce the 2017 Wyoming Road Trip Playlist. With tracks by some of the hottest bands in Wyoming, the playlist offers summer road trippers a soundtrack for their Wyoming adventures.
Wyoming is famous for its beautiful landscape, and these ten bands are as much a part of Cowboy Country as the Grand Tetons, Devils Tower, or the Snowy Range. These musicians represent some of the best that the Wyoming independent music scene has to offer. From the blissful feels of the Canyon Kids’ Americana, to the classic honky-tonk sound of Luke Bell, to the fiercely soulful brand of rock and roll brought by The Patti Fiasco, there’s something here for all tastes.
The 2017 Wyoming Road Trip Playlist is in partnership with the Wyoming Office of Tourism and Wyoming Public Radio. The Wyoming Arts Council looks forward to expanding their reach to help independent musicians, venues, and presenters build a robust music scene in Wyoming.
Artists and tracks include:
1. Canyon Kids, “Out Where the West Begins” and “Valley of the Snake”
2. Dave Munsick, “Forever West” and “Little Brown Filly”
3. Luke Bell, “Glory and Grace”and “Working Man’s Dream”
4. The Two Tracks, “Wild Wyoming” and “Wayfaring Stranger”
5. Whippoorwill, “Good to Be Around”
6. The Patti Fiasco, “Small Town Lights”
7. Gary Small and the Coyote Bros., “Snaggle Tooth Jackalope” and “Redneck Swingin”
8. Screen Door Porch, “The Canyon” and “Drifter”
9. Taylor Scott Band, “Spirit Moves” and “Spiritual Famine”
10. Jalan Crossland, “Big Horn Mountain” and “Moonshiner”
For additional information, please contact the Wyoming Arts Council at 307-777- 7742 or firstname.lastname@example.org.