ArtsReady: Better strategy to plan for “what if?” instead of “why me?”
Featured News | September 4, 2014
September is National Preparedness Month. This information comes to us via ArtsReady at South Arts in Atlanta. The Wyoming Arts Council is an associate member of ArtsReady:
Technology experts say the world consists of two kinds of people – those who back up their data, and those who will back up their data. That’s because it takes just one data crash with the resulting heartaches and headaches to learn the lesson.
The Wyoming Arts Council and the ArtsReady team encourage you to avoid the pain and panic of being unprepared, whether for a data crash, a PR debacle, or an auditorium flooded by a broken pipe. September is National Preparedness Month (http://www.fema.gov), and we hope you’ll take some time this month to start, or update/expand, your readiness plan! Here are some easy-to-use resources and ideas to help you out:
- You’ve likely had changes in the names and/or contact information for your staff and roster artists. Make sure you have an updated phone/personal email tree to reach everyone speedily in the event of emergency, and that you have an “In Case of Emergency” contact for each individual.
- Attend ArtsReady professional development workshops and get one-on-one consulting on readiness at this fall’s Western Arts Alliance (www.westarts.org), Arts Midwest (www.artsmidwest.org) and Performing Arts Exchange (pae.southarts.org) conferences.
- Download handy mobile apps that will help you keep tabs on bad weather, respond in first aid/emergency situations, or be aware of police activity in your area. Get more info at www.artsready.org/home/public_article/313
- Take a tour of your venue(s), making sure that alarms, fire extinguishers, emergency signage and other safety devices are easy to see, operational and current.
- Join ArtsReady. A premium membership gives you access to an online planning tool, cloud-based critical information storage, online training opportunities and more. A variety of subsidies and discounts are available for ArtsReady Premium membership.
Call on the ArtsReady team for assistance with any of these resources. Omar Nelson, membership manager, firstname.lastname@example.org, (404) 874-7244 x 28.
For more information, please contact Michael Shay, WAC communications specialist, at 307-777-5234 or email@example.com