Auditions Jan. 14-15 for summer Performing Arts Intensive in Colorado Springs and Central City
Uncategorized | December 28, 2011
Auditions will be held in January for student singers, actors and dancers, ages 14-19, for the ninth annual Performing Arts Intensive Singers, July 14-28, 2012.
Students who love to perform will dig deep to develop skills in acting, dance/movement, vocal technique and composition in this two-week summer workshop in residence in Colorado Springs and Central City, Colo. Master teaching artists assembled by the Colorado Springs Conservatory and Central City Opera provide instruction as students team-create a short opera, learn and perform scenes from opera and musical theater, attend performances and classes, and perform their own work at the Central City Opera Festival.
• Saturday, January 14, 2-4 pm – Colorado
• Sunday, January 15, 12-4 pm – Denver
• YouTube auditions through January 30
• Audition requirements: 2 contrasting songs, 1 monologue
• Students will be notified of participation by February 3, 2012. A $500 non-refundable fee is due upon notification of participation. Students selected for the program pay $2,500 in tuition, which includes all room, board and tickets for festival productions. Scholarships are available.
• Call (719) 577-4556 for more information and to schedule your audition.
Additional details and blog posts on past Intensive activities are available online at