Call for artists: Downtown Rock Springs mural project
Featured News | July 30, 2014
This announcement comes from Chad Banks at the Rock Springs Springs Main Street/URA:
The Rock Springs Springs Main Street/URA is thrilled to present its first mural project. We’re seeking qualified Wyoming artists who are interested in helping bring new life to Downtown Rock Springs. This is a collaboration between the City of Rock Springs and the Rock Springs Main Street/URA
Call for Work:
- The proposed site is the large, pink building at the top of the M Street underpass. The mural will be placed on the north-west facing wall, parallel to the underpass.
- A digital image of the blank wall is shown above.
- The size of the wall is approximately 126.5 feet long by 24 feet high. The building also has a 16’ long by 8’ high billboard in front of it. The billboard may be able to be removed. In your proposed concept, please specify if you’ll incorporate the billboard into your design or would prefer to have it removed.
- Based on the size of the wall, the artists projected stipend is $6,100.
- A reminder that the concept should be reflective of the Rock Springs community
- Concepts for the mural are due by August 15. Selections will be made by September 2, 2014. Weather permitting, we’re hoping to have the mural completed in the fall of 2014.
- Once the review committee chooses a concept, the artist or artists chosen will be provided a $500 stipend to fully develop the proposal for final approval by the review committee.The final proposal should also include a budget for materials and equipment.
- Finalists must be willing to make an in person presentation to the review committee.
Ultimately, the building owner has the ability to veto a concept after it has been vetted by the review committee.
Questions regarding the Downtown Rock Springs Mural Project should be addressed to:
Chad M Banks
Manager, Rock Springs Main Street/URA
501 S Main Street
Rock Springs, WY 82901
Find out more about Rock Springs by going to http://www.rswy.net/ or http://www.downtownrs.com/