Wyoming Arts Council

Considering Applying for ARRA Funding?

The Wyoming Arts Council (WAC) will soon be offering a grant using American Reinvestment and Recovery Act (ARRA) funding. Look for guidelines and an application in mid-April. Projects are limited to:

  • Salary support, full or partial, for one or more positions that are critical to an organization’s artistic mission and that are in jeopardy or have been eliminated as a result of the current economic climate.
  • And/or

  • Fees for previously engaged artists and/or contractual personnel to maintain or expand the period during which such persons would be engaged.

Organizations wishing to apply for ARRA funds to support either or both of the above MUST have a D-U-N-S number and have registered with the Central Contractor Registry (CCR). This is mandated by the National Endowment for the Arts. If your organization does not have a D-U-N-S number, register now! It is free, but it can take up to 30 days. CCR registration requires a D-U-N-S number, but takes only 72 hours.

To apply for a D-U-N-S number, go to Duns and Bradstreet (D&B). Select “D&B D-U-N-S number” from the menu near the top right hand of the screen. The next screen will request information to search their database. Once they have determined an organization is not in the database, two options will be offered: To establish a credit file or to get a D-U-N-S number. Select Get a D-U-N-S number. It takes “a minimum of 30 business days” (from the D&B FAQs) for them to process registration. D-U-N-S numbers can also be requested by phone at 1-866-705-5711. The following information is required to register for a D-U-N-S number:

  • Legal Name
  • Tradestyle, Doing Business As (DBA), or other name by which your organization is commonly recognized
  • Physical Address, City, State and Zip Code
  • Mailing Address (if separate)
  • Telephone Number
  • Contact Name
  • SIC Code (Line of Business)
  • Number of Employees at your location
  • Headquarters name and address (if there is a reporting relationship to a parent corporate
  • entity)
  • Is this a home-based business?

Once you have received the D-U-N-S number, go to the Central Contractor Registry. On the left side is a link to “Start a New Registration.” It takes about one hour to completed online The CCR requires the following information to register:

  • Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS) Number provided by Dun and Bradstreet(D&B)
  • Tax Identification Number (TIN) and Taxpayer Name used in Federal tax matters
  • Statistical Information about your business
  • Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) Information for payment of invoices

WAC will allow applications to be made for ARRA funding without a D-U-N-S or CCR number, but must receive those numbers prior to payment of award funds.

WAC encourages all organizations who plan to apply to start the process now. If you have questions, please call the office at 307-777-7742.

Sort By Category By Month By Year