Support Grant for Individual Artists
The Wyoming Arts Council is sensitive to the inherent economic challenges that are rising in relation to the CDC recommendations for social distancing. In the midst of this ever evolving situation, we will be processing grants to eligible individual artists who have lost significant income due to COVID-19. The Wyoming Arts Council believes that artists must be able to maintain their livelihood during this time in order to continue to create and contribute to the creative economy in our state. Please review the eligibility and grant guidelines below carefully before applying.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis in the order in which they are submitted until grant funds are expended.
- Individual Artists are eligible to receive $500 in this grant category.
- Individual Artists must live in Wyoming as their permanent residence 10 months of the year, be 18 years old or older, and not a full-time student pursuing high school, college or university art-related degrees.
- All grants in this category are reviewed and approved directly by Wyoming Arts Council staff on a fund/don’t fund basis.
- Applications may take up to six weeks to be processed.
- Applicants are required to upload evidence of lost income due to COVID-19 in the support documents section of the application. This should include proof that you were booked for an event (such as a performance, reading, gallery show, etc.), what you were to be paid, as well as proof that the event was cancelled. This can include a contract, email, or another form of documentation.
To apply visit: https://forms.gle/CPjpEif4adh7jsaY9.
For questions please contact Taylor Craig at firstname.lastname@example.org or 307-274-6673.
The Wyoming Arts Council is pleased to provide funding opportunities for the many worthwhile art projects that our nonprofit organizations, government entities, and individual artists are doing throughout the state of Wyoming. Following is some information you may find helpful:
Click here for Step by Step Instructions on How to Apply for a Grant
New! Video Tutorials are now available that demonstrate various things in our e-granting system:
- Click here for How to Log In video
- Click here for Community Support Grant Budget video
- Click here for an explanation of how to complete the Grant Contact and Applicant Information tabs
Fiscal Year 2021 (July 1, 2020 – June 30, 2021) Community Support Grants are currently being processed. Due to the high volume and the start of a new fiscal year, this process may take 4-6 weeks. Organizations with projects scheduled in July may not receive payment until after their project has ended. The Community Support
This grant is specifically designed to provide project funding for geographically isolated and rural areas with a population of less than 3,000. An organization is eligible to receive up to $750 in this grant category. Individual artists cannot apply for this grant. Organizations that did not receive a Community Support Grant are eligible to receive
This grant is specifically designed to help grow the capacity of organizations and individuals that work in, and support the arts. Projects can include but are not limited to: board development, leadership development, conference attendance, professional development training, fundraising development, strategic planning, creation of marketing plans, equipment purchases, etc. Individual Artists and Organizations are eligible
Mentoring Project Grants are designed to support the transmission of Wyoming’s finest Traditional and Folk skills through the natural process of in-person, hands-on instruction. A master artist selects a worthy apprentice to mentor over time in order to advance the skills of the apprentice from proficient to excellent. All art forms (music, dance, craft, etc.) are encouraged.