WAC announces changes to FY 2017 grants
Featured News, Grant News, Program News | November 6, 2015
Pinedale Elementary School students perform as mermaids for a Missoula Children’s Theatre production.
The Wyoming Arts Council will be switching to a new e-granting system for all Fiscal Year 2017 grant applications for projects that will take place between 7/1/16-6/30/17. The GO:GrantsOnline system is managed by the Western States Art Federation (WESTAF) and it will launch on 2/1/16.
Here is a brief overview of Grant Program changes for FY 2017:
- Community Support Grants: Grants to Organizations, Operating Support and Arts Education grants have been rolled into this new grant category. Each organization will be eligible to receive funding for one WAC Community Support Grant per fiscal year (Capital Support and Professional Development will be exceptions). The application will be available on 2/1/16, the draft deadline is 3/15/16 and the final deadline is 4/1/16.
- Capital Support Grants: Two grants will be awarded in this category during FY 2017. This will be specifically for large-scale capital projects and not for event programming. The application will be available on 4/1/16 and the deadline is 5/1/16.
- Professional Development Grants: This grant program will now be open to both individual artists and organizations. The application will be available on 5/1/16 and applicants will be able to apply through 5/1/17, or until all funding has been expended.
- Anytime Grants: Specifically designed to reach geographically isolated and rural areas. Applications will be available on 5/1/16, and you can apply through 5/1/17, or until all funding has been expended.
- Fellowships, Partnership and Folk Arts Mentoring grant programs will remain basically the same.
The WAC Artist Roster Program is currently on hold while we work toward a more inclusive process to showcase artists of all disciplines and abilities. So, Artists Across Wyoming grants won’t be offered in FY 2017.
Funding levels for the FY 2017 grants have yet to be determined. We will keep you informed as we implement new strategies, services, and programs. Our website will serve as our main information clearinghouse. If you have questions, please let us know by calling 307-777-7742.