Wyo. Cultural Trust Fund grants announced
Uncategorized | June 24, 2008
The Equality State Book Festival sponsored by Casper College is one of 30 Wyoming cultural and heritage projects and sponsoring organizations to benefit from more than $400,000 in grants from the Wyoming Cultural Trust Fund.
Casper College will receive $10,000 from the WCTF to support the second Equality State Book Festival Sept. 18-20 at the college, the Nicolaysen Art Museum, Fort Caspar Museum, and other Casper venues.
In all, $400,198 in grants was awarded to support the 30 projects by nonprofit organizations and governmental agencies throughout the state. The awards were approved by the five-member Cultural Trust Fund board at a recent meeting in Evanston. In all, the agency received 46 applications from 13 Wyoming communities and 12 counties. The requests totaled more than $1.2 million.
These requests were for a variety of projects including historic preservation, facility plans, outreach programming, archaeological site interpretation, cultural celebrations, long-range planning, staff and infrastructure development and enhanced seasonal performances.
This round’s grant awards were present to:
- UW Art Museum, Laramie, “Sculpture: A Wyoming Invitational,” $15,000
- Office of the Wyoming State Archaeologist, Laramie; “Archaeology with an Altitude” — Interpreting a prehistoric alpine village at 10,700 feet in the Wind River Range, Wyoming; $20,000
- ARK Regional Services, Laramie, music program for people with intellectual and physical disabilities, $5,000
- Wyoming Humanities Council, Laramie, Wyoming Humanities Council & Community Colleges Humanities Festival, $14,107
- Wyoming Territorial Park Historic Association, Laramie, Horse Barn Theatre season, $4,000
- UW American Heritage Center, Laramie, duplicating and digitizing the Ludwig Photographic Collection, $20,000
- Wyoming Abraham Lincoln Bicentennial Commission, Laramie, Wyoming Abraham Lincoln Bicentennial activities, $5,000
- CAM-PLEX Heritage Center, Gillette, Robert Bluestone community outreach, $4,000
- Carbon County Museum Foundation, Inc., Rawlins, community capacity building using cultural entities for economic development, $10,000
- Promoting Arts in Lander Schools, Lander; “Reach Out, Reach Up!;” $3,000
- City of Lander, Lander, Mount Hope Cemetery historical and cultural records access program, $4,000
- Lander Area Chamber of Commerce, Lander, Heart of the West Invitational Art Show & Sale, $4,000
- Wyoming PBS, Riverton, “Artists in Yellowstone” documentary, $25,000
- Fremont County Library, Lander, Carnegie Library arts and performance space project, $6,000
- Lander Art Center, Lander, Lander Art Center capacity building plan, $8,000
- City of Cheyenne, Cheyenne, Cheyenne Heritage Education/Heritage Tourism Marker Project, $20,000
- Laramie County Community College Foundation, Cheyenne, renovation of LCCC Playhouse Theater, $10,000
- Friends of the Cheyenne Botanic Gardens Foundation, Cheyenne, The Secret Garden Wall and Puppet Theater, $15,000
- Original Oystergrass, Inc., Kemmerer, Oyster Ridge Music Festival stage, $20,000
- Alliance for Historic Wyoming, Casper, building the alliance and campaign for South Pass, $9,190
- Citizens for a Civic Auditorium, Casper, Casper Civic Auditorium architectural services, $25,000
- Nicolaysen Art Museum and Discovery Center, Casper, endowment campaign, $30,000
- Casper College, Equality State Book Festival, $10,000
- Wyoming Arts Alliance, Casper, Statewide tour to meet with rural and municipal arts advocates, $9,401
- Heart Mountain, Wyoming Foundation, Powell, Interpretive Learning Center Architectural & Engineering Services, $50,000
- The WYO Theater, Inc., Sheridan, capital campaign planning and implementation, $20,000
- Wyoming Community Foundation, Laramie, Powell centennial book, $6,000
- Western Wyoming College Art Gallery, Rock Springs; Storage, care and presentation of Art Gallery gift from Andy Warhol Foundation, $8,000
- Jackson Hole Historical Society and Museum, Jackson, “Voices in Print” – Transcribing oral histories of Teton County, $12,500
- Young Musicians, Inc., Evanston, sound equipment purchase, $8,000
FMI: Renee Bovee, WCTF, 307-777-6312.