Wyoming Arts Council

Wyoming Arts Council Announces Public Art Call

The Wyoming Arts Council announces that a new call for entry for public art is now open. The State of Wyoming is constructing a new office building in Casper that will house eight state agencies. Through the State of Wyoming’s Art in Public Buildings program, artwork will be commissioned for the exterior of the facility.


A Request for Qualifications (RFQ) is open to artists with a deadline of February 11, 2019. This is a regional RFQ open to artists residing in Wyoming and neighboring states: Montana, Idaho, Colorado, Nebraska, Utah, and South Dakota. Wyoming artists will be given preference.

The call is available on CaFE (callforentry.org). Additional details, including eligibility requirements, timelines, and budget information are available on CaFE and on the Wyoming Arts Council website. Submissions to the RFQ must be made through CaFE by the deadline listed. There is a committee for the project, tasked with reviewing applications, selecting finalists, and making the final artwork selection. Wyoming artists are encouraged to apply.

The new Casper State Office Building will bring eight state agencies under one roof: Department of Workforce Services, Department of Family Services, Department of Health, Department of Corrections, State Engineer’s Office, Department of Revenue, Department of Environmental Quality, and the Attorney General’s Office.

Located on the former site of the CNW (Chicago and Northwestern Rail) rail yard and roundhouse, the building will incorporate industrial themes that connect to the railroad and design elements that connect it to the Yellowstone District of Casper. The lot is between Collins Drive and Midwest Avenue with the building situated closest on the lot to city center.

The committee is interested in work for outside the building. There are several green spaces around the property and the city’s Rails to Trails path runs along the north and south sides of the building. The building is scheduled to open in 2021.

Art in Public Buildings legislation for the State of Wyoming is administered through the Wyoming Arts Council

For more information, please contact the Arts Council at arts@wyo.gov or 307-777-7742.

Sort By Category By Month By Year