Wyoming Arts Council

Wyoming Arts Council Announces Public Art Call

The Wyoming Arts Council announces that a new call for entry for public art is now open. The University of Wyoming is constructing a new building that will house dining facilities, offices, and student residential rooms. Through the State of Wyoming’s Art in Public Buildings program, artwork will be commissioned for the interior of the facility.  

A Request for Qualifications (RFQ) is open to artists with a deadline of July 12, 2024. This is a national RFQ open to artists residing in the United States. Wyoming artists will be given preference.

The call and additional details are available on CaFE (callforentry.org) or the Wyoming Arts Council website. Submissions to the RFQ must be made through CaFE by the deadline listed. There is a committee for the project, tasked with reviewing applications, selecting finalists, and making the final artwork selection. Wyoming artists are encouraged to apply. 

The approved design of the Student Housing Project provides 950 beds of housing and a new dining facility offering seating for up to 850. The dining hall will be open to the general public, staff, and faculty. Concurrent with the objectives of the University’s Campus Master Plan, the addition of housing and dining into this campus precinct, near amenities and services found in Coe Library, the Wyoming Union, and Half Acre Gym, presents the opportunity to create an active and vibrant student life neighborhood. Bringing first-year housing into the historic campus core also removes the barrier and risk that crossing 15th Street represents in resident students’ daily life experience.

The committee is interested in work for the building interior in the main dining area of the residence hall. The building is scheduled to open in fall of 2025.

Art in Public Buildings legislation for the State of Wyoming is administered through the Wyoming Arts Council.

For more information, please contact Ismael Dominguez, Programs Specialist,  at ismael.dominguez@wyo.gov or 307-275-4476.

Sort By Category By Month By Year