Wyoming Arts Council looking for an arts education specialist
Featured News | May 28, 2015
The Wyoming Arts Council is looking for an Arts Education Specialist. For complete list of qualifications and application info, click here and search under Arts Council (#024).
Here are a few details about the job:
The purpose of the arts education position is to develop, support, and advocate for arts education in Wyoming.
These listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed in the job level:
- Develop, implement and monitor all aspects of the Wyoming Arts Council’s Arts Education program: oversight of grant programs for arts education services; cultivate relationships with the Department of Education and the Professional Teaching Standards Board and other interested parties; provide information to constituents based on state, regional, and national data/research; advocate on behalf of arts education.
- Serve as the Wyoming Coordinator to the National Endowment of the Arts Association (NEA) and Poetry Foundation: create, develop, implement, and assess the Wyoming Poetry Out Loud Competition.
- Actively cultivate relationships with teacher organizations in multiple disciplines to help build the capacity of organizations to offer strong sustainable programs and services to arts educators.
- Create and develop structures to advocate about the strength of arts education to principals, district administrators, and other decision makers.
- Manage or assist with other tasks for the good of the WAC and/or SPCR: assist as needed with annual Governor’s Arts Awards events; serve on committees for WAC and SPCR as assigned; represent the State of Wyoming, SPCR and WAC at various regional and national meetings as requested by Supervisor; plan and carry out other WAC and SPCR conferences and events.
call for entries
University of Wyoming
Wyoming Arts Council