What we do
Through grants, partnerships, programs and unique opportunities, the Wyoming Arts Council (WAC) provides funding and support for projects big and small, in every corner of the state.
Grants to 501(c)3 Non-profit Organizations and Government Entities (including schools and tribal government)
- Anytime Grants
- Grants with Deadlines
Grants, Fellowships and Other Opportunities to Support Wyoming Artists
Events to Celebrate Arts Excellence
- Governor’s Arts Awards
- Poetry Out Loud
- Biennial Fellowship Art Exhibition
Partnerships to Strengthen the Arts
- Governor’s Capitol Art Exhibition
- Art in Public Buildings
- Literary Fellowship Readings
- Visual Arts Symposiums
- Wyoming Music Library
- Arts Conferences and Gatherings
- Coordination of artist tours to underserved communities
Communications and Arts Information
- Artscapes Quarterly Newsletter
- WyomingArtsCouncil.org Website and Blog
- ListServs and Email Updates
- Facebook and other Social Media
What is the WAC’s Impact?
The WAC plays an important role in the economic and social development of every community in Wyoming by investing in the arts.
- The WAC awards almost 400 grants and fellowships each year for arts programs and projects.
- Last year, the WAC funded projects from every county, serving more than a million participants across Wyoming, including 224,000 youth and 10,000 artists.
- Over the past several years, the WAC’s annual grant budget increased from under $500,000 to more than $1.3 million.
- Every million dollars that the WAC awards in grants are matched by $18 million dollars plus $3 million in-kind donations.