Fellowships are awarded to individual artists based on the merit of their artistic work. The Wyoming Arts Council is pleased to be able to offer the following Fellowship opportunities to Wyoming artists.
Applications are accepted once a year in each category. Please check each page for specific deadlines.
- Must be at least 18 years of age at time of application.
- Must not be a full-time student pursuing high school, college, or university art-related degrees.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or have legal resident status (evidence of U.S. citizenship, resident status and state residency may be required).
- May not be affiliated with the Wyoming Arts Council either as a board member or staff member, including their families, whether full-time, part-time or contractual.
- May not be an employee of the Department of State Parks and Cultural Resources.
- Must have been domiciled within the state borders for a total of 20 months in the previous two years.
- Must remain a Wyoming resident for at least one year after award, living in the state for at least 10 months of the year.
- Must not have received a fellowship within the last four years.
- May receive a total of two fellowship awards in your lifetime.
- You may enter the competition only once by the deadline.
- Additional eligibility requirements may be specified in each category and will be outlined when applications are being accepted.
Creative Nonfiction, Fiction, Poetry
Neltje Blanchan and Frank Nelson Doubleday Memorial Writing Awards
Theatre and Dance