How do I apply to be on the Wyoming Arts Council artist roster?
Featured News, Program News | October 1, 2014
The Wind River Dancers from Fort Washakie are on the WAC artist roster.
Applications are due Dec. 1 for the Wyoming Arts Council artist roster. Apply at the CaFE site.
We accept applications for the artist roster once a year, from October 1 to December 1. The application is available in CaFE (Call for Entry), a program of the Western States Arts Federation, and is free to use. CaFE is a great program that also provides access to many other nation-wide call for entries that you might be interested in applying for. We encourage artists to set up their Profile and Portfolio in CaFE prior to October 1, so they are all ready to complete the Roster application in October as soon as it becomes available.
Here is how you apply to be on the roster:
- Go to CaFE at http://www.callforentry.org .
- Click on HOW TO APPLY for general information about CaFE, how to create your Profile, upload your work samples to your Portfolio and how to select the call for the correct application.
- Click on MY PROFILE to register. You do not need an INVITATIONAL CALL PASSCODE.
- Click on MY PORTFOLIO to upload/store all of your work samples to your CaFE Portfolio. After you apply for a call, you will select which work samples that you want to include with that call.
- CaFE HELP offers detailed information on how to apply, as well as an instructional video. You will also need to upload your images to your Portfolio, so they are available to upload to actual applications each time you apply for a call. If you encounter any technical issues in CaFE, click on the CONTACTING US link for CaFE HELP where you can email them at: email@example.com and a tech will get back with you.
- Log into CaFE and click on APPLY TO CALLS. Type in Cheyenne in the CITY and click on GO. The Call for “Wyoming Arts Council Artist Roster FY 2016” will appear.
- Click on VIEW MORE INFO to take a look at a Roster application OR click on APPLY TO THIS CALL to actually begin the application process.
- Upload the work samples from your CaFE Portfolio that you want to include with your Roster application.
- Complete the application and submit it.
- Contact the WAC on (307) 777-7742 if you have any application related questions. We are available to help Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
- Click on MY CAFE ENTRIES to see all the entries you have applied for in CaFE.
- Application deadline is December 1. We highly recommend that you submit your application well in advance of the deadline, in case you encounter any issues submitting your application and/or uploading your work samples.
Get more info here: https://wyoarts.state.wy.us/wac-program/wyoming-arts-council-artist-roster/
Home page photo: Cody musician Jeff Troxel is a WAC roster artist.