Next "Jentel Presents" June 2 at Sheridan College Downtown Campus
Uncategorized | May 22, 2009
Pictured left to right: Back row: David Nechak, Cerese Vaden, Johntimothy Pizzuto, Mary Beth Baptiste; front row: Manya Fox, Forrest Snyder
From a Jentel Artist Residency Program press release:
The next “Jentel Presents” will take place Tuesday, June 2, 5:30-7 p.m. at the Sheridan College Downtown Campus. “Jentel Presents” is a community outreach program that features slide presentations and readings by the visual artists and writers at the residency.
- Mary Beth Baptiste, Laramie; A creative non-fiction writer, Mary Beth, a mainstream Catholic wife of 15 years, self-ejects from pool of boredom; shoots to the Tetons for adventure and scuffles with bears, blizzards and burly guys; she won a 1997 Wyoming Arts Council Frank Nelson Doubleday writing award;
- Manya Fox, Los Angeles; A photographer, Manya focuses on issues surrounding the American experience;
- David Nechak, Seattle; An installation artist, David is interested in sculpture involving transforming interior and exterior environments;
- Johntimothy Pizzuto, Burbank, SD; A printmaker, Johntimothy utilizes the alphabet in describing himself as an inquisitive, rambunctious, and zany artist;
- Forrest Snyder, Dorchester, MA; An essayist as well as a ceramic artist, Forrest leads a tangential life of art, science, new people and places;
- Cerese Vaden, Mackay, ID; A mixed media artist, Cerese is an international traveler who shuns cities in lieu of landscape and an artist who utilizes the mundane.
There is no admission charge for “Jentel Presents” and refreshments are available.
The Jentel Artist Residency Program accepts applications twice a year from visual artists in all media and writers in all genres for a one-month residency. A residency includes a comfortable accommodation; common living, dining and recreation areas; a private workspace and a stipend to help defray expenses during the program. For more information please visit
http://www.jentelarts.org/ or call Jentel at (307)737-2311.