Wyoming Arts Council looking for an office support specialist
Featured News | March 10, 2015
The Wyoming Arts Council is looking for an office support specialist. For details, click here: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/wyoming/default.cfm. To find the job posting: In the ‘Agency#-Div-Sec’ search box, click next to ‘024 – Cultural Resources – Arts Council (2)’. Scroll down and click on the ‘Apply Search’ button. Open positions are listed at the bottom of the screen.
Here’s an overview of the job position:
|GENERAL DESCRIPTION:This position provides administrative and logistical support to the Wyoming Arts Council (WAC).ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed in the job level.
- Serve as public point of contact for WAC constituents, and direct general correspondence to the appropriate WAC staff.
- Manage calendar, schedule meetings, and draft correspondence for the WAC manager, and provide notes on action items for internal WAC meetings.
- Process and file payments with appropriate budget coding and follow established procedures for depositing funds for WAC programs.
- Maintain inventory of office supplies and equipment, and maintain working order and records of maintanence for office equipment.
- Develop and maintain WAC filing system and manage digital and hardcopy document retention schedules.
- Register constituents for WAC events and supervise volunteers.
- Oversight of office opening and closings, coordinate office coverage and maintain a clean and inviting atmosphere for guests and staff.
- Handle logistical details for WAC board meetings, reserving meeting space and hotel accomodations, technical needs, etc.
- Process travel aggrangements for board members and provide the logistical information.
- Handle all travel arrangements for WAC manager and provide assistance with travel arrangements to staff.
- Create and manage board meeting information folders, both in print and digitally.
- Attend board meetings and take minutes per state open meeting guidelines.
- Manage and maintain WAC database and online applications for WAC programs and services.
- Manage and/or assist as needed with tasks associated with WAC and the department’s programs and services.
|KNOWLEDGE: Examples of Knowledge are intended to be cumulative for each progressively higher level of work. The omission of specific statements does not preclude management from assigning other knowledge.
- Knowledge and/or a combination of experience in office management.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with competing deadlines.
- Knowledge and skills in the use of computers, software programs, and data management systems.
- Ability to travel as needed to board meetings and events.
- Skill in verbal and written communication; strong listening skills with ability to apply knowledge in service to constituents.
- Knowledge of records processing and maintenance procedures and systems.
- Knowledge in the preparation of complicated documents.