Governor’s Arts Awards
The annual Governor’s Arts Awards gala and dinner to honor the 2015 recipients will be held on Friday, Feb. 26, 2016, at Little America in Cheyenne.
Governor Matt Mead delivers his State of the Arts speech at the 2015 event.
Governor’s Arts Awards ceremony, Feb. 27, 2015
The gala honoring our 2014 recipients was held February 27, 2015, at Little America in Cheyenne, and was attended by more than 400 people, including the Governor and many other elected officials. Honorees were Tom Lucas, a folk artist from Dubois; Zachary Pullen, an illustrator and educator from Casper; and Jim Wilcox, artist, inventor and educator from Jackson. Entertainment was provided by the University of Wyoming Singing Statesmen. Social hour music was provided by the Ryan Bell University Quartet. The Wyoming Arts Council is grateful for the many sponsors who make this event possible. For a complete list of sponsors and supporters, please click GAA 2015 Sponsor List.
See these videos about previous winners, and of the awards.
Governor’s Arts Awards recipient Tom Lucas (left) of Dubois and Governor Matt Mead.
Zachary Pullen (right) congratulated by Governor Matt Mead.
Governor’s Arts Awards recipient Jim Wilcox of Jackson and his wife, Narda.
We also want to recognize our major sponsors, without whom this event would not be possible:
The 2014 Premier Sponsor:
2015 Governor’s Circle Sponsors
2014 Corporate Sponsors:
CLICK HERE FOR DOWNLOADABLE COPY OF 2015 GUIDELINES.
Any Wyoming citizen, organization, business or community may be nominated for a Governor’s Art Awards (GAA). Noted accomplishments should reflect substantial contributions, made in Wyoming, that exemplify a long-term commitment to the arts. Special consideration will be given to nominees whose arts service is statewide. Previous GAA recipients are not eligible for nomination, but nomination of previously unselected nominees is encouraged. Current Wyoming Arts Council board members, staff members, contractors and members of their families are not eligible for nomination.
Governor’s Arts Awards is a gala event celebrating the awardees and the vibrancy of the arts in Wyoming. The event includes a social hour, dinner, the State of the Arts speech by the Governor, awards ceremony, and entertainment, usually by one of the awardees.
For a full list of previous winners, please go to the Governor’s Arts Awards program page. A history of the event is also available there.
Supporting the Governor’s Arts Awards
There are a number of ways to help sponsor the annual Governor’s Arts Awards:
- Host a Legislator! Wyoming legislators are the guests of generous individuals and organizations who contribute to the legislator pool at $55/legislator. Donations can be used to support a specific legislator; if that legislator does not attend, the funds go into the pool to support any legislator. Donors can request to be seated with the legislator(s) they sponsor.
- Table Sponsorship: Contribute $1000 and sponsor a table! Donors receive a reserved table for eight (8) people of their choice, two bottles of wine and sponsor listing in the program.
- Donation of any amount. Donations are gratefully acknowledged in the program at the following levels:
If you are interested in becoming a sponsor at the Premier, Governor’s Circle or Corporate levels, please contact Sara Needles (307) 777-2416 or Michael Lange at (307) 777-7723.
- Premier Sponsors are acknowledged as such on the invitation, program and during the awards ceremony. They have the opportunity to host the Governor and/or other elected officials, as available. They receive a reserved table of eight with two bottles of wine, and are invited to a pre-reception at the Governor’s Residence honoring awardees and major sponsors.
- Governor’s Circle sponsors are acknowledged on the program and during the awards ceremony. They have the option to host elected officials as available. They receive a reserved table of eight with two bottles of wine, and are invited to a pre-reception at the Governor’s Residence honoring awardees and major sponsors.
- Corporate Sponsors sponsor a specific part of the event and are acknowledged on the program and during the awards ceremony. They receive a reserved table of eight with two bottles of wine, and are invited to a pre-reception at the Governor’s Residence honoring awardees and major sponsors.