Founded in 1967, the Wyoming Arts Council (WAC) supports the arts in Wyoming by fostering and promoting the creation, access, education, diversity and excellence in the arts, and also provides resources for, and encourages partnerships between, the public, artists and arts organizations. Projects funded by the WAC allow the general public access to programs they might not otherwise be able to experience.
Take a look at the variety of grant programs that we offer to see if one might fit an upcoming arts project you are working on!
January 15th – Quarterly deadline* - Community Arts Partners
Feb 15th - Draft deadline - Arts Education
March 1st – Final deadline – Arts Education
March 1st – Draft deadline – Grants to Organization
March 15th – Final deadline- Grants to Organization
March 15th – Deadline- Operating Support Grants
April 15th- Quarterly deadline* – Community Arts Partners
July 15th – Quarterly deadline*- Community Arts Partners
October 15th – Quarterly deadline*- Community Arts Partners
July 1st – May 30th* - Anytime Grant Programs (Artists Across Wyoming, Arts Projects, Capacity Building & Individual Artist Professional Development grants)*
* These deadlines are effective until all funds are expended
NOTE: GRANTS NEED TO BE SUBMITTED BY 10:00 pm MOUNTAIN TIME ON THE DEADLINE DATE, BECAUSE OUR E-GRANTING SYSTEM IS BASED OUT MASSACHUSETTS, WHICH IS TWO HOURS AHEAD OF US.
The WAC Office is open from Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, except for holidays, so please contact us at (307) 777-7742 during these hours if you have a question on the grant process.
NEW for Fiscal Year 2015! (July 1, 2014 – June 30, 2015)
- The Signature Form will no longer be required. However, the Final Report Signature Form will still be required.
NEW for Fiscal Year 2014! (July 1, 2013 – June 30, 2014)
- 501c3 non-profits must be registered with the Wyoming Secretary of State‘s office and be in good standing in order for the WAC to award grant funding to them. Organization names (or Fiscal Sponsor, if used) must appear in our e-granting system and in the State of Wyoming WOLFS database the same way they appear in the Secretary of State’s database in order for us to issue grant payments. Organizations (or their Fiscal Sponsor, if used) must be in compliance with all relevant state laws. Non-profits may check their filing status quickly and easily on the Filing Search page.
- Organizations who used a Fiscal Sponsor must have the Fiscal Sponsor sign all forms submitted to the WAC, including the Signature Form, the Subgrantee Award Contract, as well as the Final Report Signature Form.
- All organizations who receive a WAC grant payment are now required by the National Endowment for the Arts to provide us with their DUNS #. If your organization meets WAC eligibility criteria, then you should list your DUNS # in your organization record in our e-granting system. If your organization does not meet WAC eligibility criteria and you had to use a Fiscal Sponsor to apply, then you should provide the DUNS # for your Fiscal Sponsor on the Fiscal Sponsor page of the request, because the grant payment is originally issued to the Fiscal Sponsor. DUNS # do not apply to individuals.
1. Click HERE to read the Grant Guidelines and Requirements.
- Eligible organizations may receive a maximum of two (2) WAC grants per fiscal year. Partnerships, Capacity Building and Community Arts Partners grants are exempt from this two (2) grant rule.
3. Review information about the E-Grant System and how to use it.
4. Ready to apply?
The WAC currently uses CyberGrants, an online grant system, to receive and review grant applications. All applications, unless stated otherwise, must be submitted via CyberGrants. Click here for detailed information about How to Apply On Line.
- Go to the ACCESS THE E-GRANT SYSTEM section that appears on the lower left side of any GRANTS page
- Click the Choose a Grant scroll down arrow
- Select the grant program you wish to apply to, and you are on your way!
NEED ASSISTANCE? Contact the WAC at (307) 777-7742
Grants of the Wyoming Arts Council
Latest Grant News
Posted: September 3, 2013
The work of 11 Wyoming artists will be featured Sept. 27, 2013 through Jan. 5, 2014, in “Ebb and Flow: From the Mountain Peaks to the Plains Below,” the Wyoming Arts Council Fellowship Biennial Exhibit at Casper’s Nicolaysen Art Museum. An opening reception will be held on Friday, Nov. 8, 5:30-8 p.m., to coincide with
Posted: August 29, 2013
The deadline for the 2013 performing arts fellowships in dance and theatre performance is Oct. 21, 2013. Applicants must be at least 18 years old and full-time residents of Wyoming. Applications will be accepted online through the Western States Arts Federation’s Call for Entry (CaFÉ) online system. It is free for artists to sign up with CaFÉ and
Posted: August 13, 2013
The Wyoming Arts Council is pleased to announce the recipients of this year’s creative writing fellowships in creative nonfiction. They are Chad Hanson of Casper, Mary Beth Baptiste of Laramie and Cheyenne’s Heather Jensen. They each will receive a $3,000 award plus a $500 stipend to travel to Casper to read their work at the