Piatigorsky Foundation Announces Wyoming Spring Tour
Featured News | April 26, 2017
For the 14th consecutive year, the Muriel & Seymour Thickman Family Charitable Trust in Sheridan is funding The Piatigorsky Foundation’s tour of Wyoming.
The spring 2017 tour will include public concerts and school outreach programs. The community concerts are free and open to the public. The Wyoming Arts Council serves as facilitator with each of the communities in the state.
Solo guitarist Jack Sanders
This tour features acclaimed solo guitarist Jack Sanders. Here is the schedule for the spring 2017 Wyoming Piatigorsky Tour:
- Monday, May 8, Gestalt Studios at the Polar Plant, Powell, 6:00 PM.
- Tuesday, May 9, Meeteetse Schools (school show only), Meeteetse, 2:30 PM; Meeteetse Schools, Meeteetse, 6:00 PM
- Wednesday, May 10, Wyoming Pioneer Home, Thermopolis, 2:30 PM (private show); Hot Springs County Library, Thermopolis, 7:00 PM
- Thursday, May 11, My Studio, Lovell, 7:00 PM
- Friday, May 12, Greybull High School (school show only), Greybull, 12:50 PM; Lisa Kunkel Studio, Greybull, 7:00 PM
Solo guitarist, chamber musician, and teacher, Jack Sanders’ performances have included the Sitka Summer Music Festival, Kapalua Music Festival of Hawaii, Arrowhead Bach Festival, and solo appearances with numerous orchestras, including the Illinois Chamber Orchestra, Chamber Orchestra of Santa Fe, Modesto Symphony, Orange County Chamber Orchestra and South Coast Symphony.
In 2013, the American Guitar Society honored Sanders with a Lifetime Achievement Award, citing Sanders’ work as a performer, teacher, luthier, and author.
call for entries
University of Wyoming
Wyoming Arts Council